The first units to receive the system were the Virginia Army National Guard headquarters, the 85th and 87th Army Reserve Support Commands; customers of the 335th Theater Signal Command; and the supply support activity at the Fort Lee, Va.
What does SSA stand for?
SSA stands for Supply Support Activity (AR 310-50)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSA
We have 675 other meanings of SSA in our Acronym Attic
- Subscriber's Savings Account (United Services Automobile Association)
- Subspace Anomaly (Star Trek)
- Suicidal Stolen Art
- Sulfosalicylic Acid (reagent)
- Summer Science Academy (various schools)
- Sun Sensor Assembly
- Super Systems Administrator (higher privilege level than Systems Administrator)
- Supervisory Special Agent
- Supervisory Staff Administrator
- Supplemental Service Agreement
- Supply Support Agreement
- Supply Support Area (US DoD)
- Supply Support Arrangements
- Supply Systems Analyst
- Support Services of Alaska
- Supporting Supply Activity
- Supportive Service Assistant (education)
- Survivable Systems Analysis (communications infrastructure)
- Sveriges Sändareamatörer (Swedish: Swedish Amateur Transmitter)
- Swimming South Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Almost every day, parts and supplies come into the unit tech supply office or the supply support activity (SSA).
The Army is now turning LTTs into logistics training advisory teams to support the IA base support unit, which is similar to the Army supply support activity, by instructing warehouse operations management and level-3 maintenance.
was named winner of the Supply Excellence, National Guard, Supply Support Activity award.
Our focal point was ensuring that our main supply systems, Standard Army Management System-Enhanced and Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced, had connectivity with the Standard Army Retail Supply System-1 which is located in the BCT's Supply Support Activity.
We have vastly expanded our support for the RFID network and taken responsibility to ensure that shipments have working tags not just when they arrive but as they move forward and when they arrive at a depot or Supply Support Activity (SSA).