The antioxidant efficacy of the peel extract in scavenging hydroxyl and superoxide anion radicals was also very high.
What does O2- stand for?
O2- stands for Superoxide Anion Radical
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of O2- in our Acronym Attic
- Operator Line (Global Operator; IRC)
- Operator Line (Local Operator; IRC)
- Organized Naval Reserve Seagoing (US Navy)
- Ocean's Eleven (2001 movie)
- Object Oriented
- Optimization Level 2 (computer programming)
- Organized Naval Reserve Aviation (US Navy)
- Oscar Two Alpha (call sign of Clanton, Al, USA Airport at Gragg-Wade Airfield)
- Object to See
- Oxford to Cambridge Arc (UK; development initiative)
- Originate-to-Distribute (business model)
- Oxygen Dilution Method
- Object Oriented Design and Development for Mechanical Computer-Aided Engineering
- Oxyhemoglobin (form of hemoglobin)
- Object Oriented Interfaces
- Office 2000 (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antioxidant activity of their isolated metabolites was evaluated by free radical scavenging, superoxide anion radical scavenging and reducing power.
It is a very potent scavenger of reactive oxygen species ROS, including superoxide anion radicals, hydroxyl radicals and nitrogen radicals.
In scavenging activity of superoxide anion radical, DEWHP would effectively scavenge superoxide anion radical (>70%) when the E/S ratio exceed 3% and the scavenging effects was exhibited dose-dependent.
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as superoxide anion radicals ([O.
The superoxide anion radical scavenging activities of extracts were assayed by the PMS-NADH system.
laevis extract would prevent oxidative damage to macromolecules by the following mechanisms among others: * scavenging hydrogen peroxide * scavenging superoxide anion radical * inhibiting the formation of hydroxyl radical from the Fenton reaction since it scavenges hydrogen peroxide * inhibiting the formation of hydroxyl radical from both hydrogen peroxide and superoxide as powered by Harber--Weiss reaction References Amos, S.
Noni juice has also been shown to be protective against carcinogen-induced DNA damage in early breast cancer in animal models and, in one small study, to lower plasma levels of lipid peroxides and superoxide anion radicals in cigarette smokers (Acta Pharmacol.