4) demonstrated the classic sign of whirling of the mesenteric vessels around the superior mesenteric artery (SMA).
What does SMA stand for?
SMA stands for Superior Mesenteric Artery (upper intestinal artery)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMA
We have 590 other meanings of SMA in our Acronym Attic
- Subject Matter Area
- Submillimeter Array (Radio Telescope)
- SubMiniature Version A
- Subsequent Maximization Algorithm
- Sue McLean & Associates (Minneapolis, MN)
- Suggested for Mature Audiences (movie ratings)
- Sumitomo Machinery Corporation of America (Sumitomo Heavy Industries; Japan)
- Summer Music Academy (various locations)
- Super Mario Advance (Video game - Gameboy Advance)
- Superior Martial Arts (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Superior mesenteric artery pseudoaneurysm complications of pancreatitis (case report) (Chin).
A computed tomography (CT) scan of the patient's abdomen demonstrated a 3 x 3-cm aneurysm in one of the branches of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA), with no leakage or rupture, and a splenic infarct (Figure 1).
Herein we report 15 pediatric TA cases treated with PTA for stenotic lesions of the aorta, renal arteries, celiac truncus and superior mesenteric artery.
The precise aetiology of the bleed from the superior mesenteric artery pseudoaneurysm cannot be fully determined.
Aortic stentgrafts: materials and configurations' Aortic stentgrafts are available in various configurations: tube stentgrafts, tapered stentgrafts (aorto-uniiliac), bifurcated stentgrafts ('Y' or trouser graft), fenestrated stentgrafts (with a scallop for the superior mesenteric artery and two reinforced fenestrations for renal artery stents), and branched stentgrafts (with side-arm/s for additional endografting to the mesenteric, renal and supra-aortic vessels) (Fig.