It can also record and play back any VHS video tape, including playback of Super VHS, although it will not record at the latter's high resolution and playback of materials recorded on S-VHS units will also not have that format's full resolution.
What does S-VHS stand for?
S-VHS stands for Super VHS
This definition appears very frequently
We have 8 other meanings of S-VHS in our Acronym Attic
- Single Signal, Simpler Recursion with Averaging
- Ship to Shore
- Sit-to-Stand (health equipment)
- Systems Technical Advisory Group (CMS)
- Static Time Division Duplex
- Operational Suitability Tests
- Simplex Telex Over Radio
- Satellite Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
- Shortening vs. Voltage (electrical term)
- Serum Concentrations of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
- Separated Video (same as Y/C, Luminance and Chrominance)
- Service Virtual Local Area Network
- Stacked Virtual Local Area Network (computer networking)
- Super Visually Perfect Algebraic Method (Casio)
- Steering-Assisted Vehicle Stability Control
- Semantically View Synchronous Multicast
- S-Band Volume Search Radar
- Static Wavelength Routed Optical Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
He takes care of Robert's protein supplements, handles the dozens of agents who call wanting to represent Robert, and has set him up with nearly pro-quality video equipment: a big-screen TV, super VHS tape player replete with slow motion and a laser pointer.
Today, image resolution as high as 400 television lines can be achieved with standard VHS tape and even better color resolution is achievable with Super VHS (S-VHS) tape.
The major product segments analyzed are Audiotapes, and Videotapes (8MM, VHS & VHS-C, Super VHS, Mini DV, Digital8, HI-8, and DVC - Digital Video Cassette).
In April, the company reported the development of a new VHS format called D VHS, which stands for data VHS, and allows for recording onto a super VHS tape.
The multi-format deck offers home theater enthusiasts the ability to record and play back true high-definition HDTV images in full digital video quality, along with conventional VHS, Super VHS and Super VHS ET playback.