The WGS program augments, and will eventually replace, the existing DSCS which provides super high frequency (SHF) wideband communications.
What does SHF stand for?
SHF stands for Super High Frequency (3-30 GHz; 10-1cm)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHF
We have 74 other meanings of SHF in our Acronym Attic
- Southampton Heritage Federation (UK)
- Southern Housing Foundation
- specific health function
- Stainless Hose Fittings
- State Highway Fund (various locations)
- State Historical Fund (Colorado)
- Steelworkers Humanity Fund (United Steelworkers)
- Stockholms Herpetologiska Förening (Sweden)
- Storage Handling Facility
- Super High Frequency
- Sydney Heritage Fleet (marine heritage; Sydney, Australia)
- Systolic Heart Failure (cardiology)
- Super High Frequency Satellite
- Scottish Hip Fracture Audit (Scotland)
- Scottish History for All (UK)
- State Housing Finance Agency
- Stern Hedge Fund Association (New York University; New York, NY)
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (Australia)
- Sandcastle Help File Builder
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Lightweight Multi-band Satellite Terminal Program provides tri-band super high frequency terminals and will provide smaller, lighter, modular, more flexible terminals to meet the theater deployable communications requirement to provide initial long haul communications for bare-base deployment and augment communications as deployment matures.
To maximize the capability of the Standardized Tactical Entry Point site facilities for network expansion and connectivity, we used tactical Super High Frequency communications assets to sustain a robust Greatly Modulated Frequency architecture.