Contract Awarded for The services in support of the AN/TSC-156 Phoenix Tactical Super High Frequency Satellite Terminals
What does SHF stand for?
SHF stands for Super High Frequency (3-30 GHz; 10-1cm)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHF
We have 74 other meanings of SHF in our Acronym Attic
- Société Honoraire de Français (French Honor Society)
- Southern Housing Foundation
- specific health function
- Stainless Hose Fittings
- State Highway Fund (various locations)
- State Historical Fund (Colorado)
- Steelworkers Humanity Fund (United Steelworkers)
- Stockholms Herpetologiska Förening (Sweden)
- Storage Handling Facility
- Super High Frequency
- Sydney Heritage Fleet (marine heritage; Sydney, Australia)
- Systolic Heart Failure (cardiology)
- Super High Frequency Satellite
- Scottish Hip Fracture Audit (Scotland)
- Scottish History for All (UK)
- State Housing Finance Agency
- Stern Hedge Fund Association (New York University; New York, NY)
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority (Australia)
- Sandcastle Help File Builder
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company delivered the Super High Frequency Array Unit (SAU), as the antennas are called, in early March to AEHF system prime contractor, Lockheed Martin, in Sunnyvale.
The WGS program augments, and will eventually replace, the existing DSCS which provides super high frequency (SHF) wideband communications.
ships had Internet Protocol connectivity through the Defense Satellite Communications System super high frequency X-band termination or dedicated International Maritime Satellite Bravo (Inmarsat-B) lease.
To maximize the capability of the Standardized Tactical Entry Point site facilities for network expansion and connectivity, we used tactical Super High Frequency communications assets to sustain a robust Greatly Modulated Frequency architecture.
The WGS program will augment DoD communications services currently provided by the Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), which provides Super High Frequency (SHF) wideband communications, and the Global Broadcast Service (GBS), which uses direct broadcast satellite technology to provide critical information to U.
Success in the Q-band prototype phase, coupled with Harris' legacy as the provider of the Navy's current generation of multiband, super high frequency (SHF)-wideband terminals, uniquely qualifies Harris as a leading NMT supplier.
The WGS program will augment Department of Defense (DoD) communications services currently provided by the Defense Satellite Communications System, which provides Super High Frequency (SHF) wideband communications, and by the Global Broadcast Service, which uses direct broadcast satellite technology to provide critical information to U.