Choleraesuis to ampicillin, chloramphenicol, or sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim increased to approximately 90% for all 3 drugs and the rate of resistance to ciprofloxacin was from 7.
What does SXT stand for?
SXT stands for Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SXT
We have 4 other meanings of SXT in our Acronym Attic
- Syndrome X Score
- St. Xavier's Social Service Society (India)
- Synchrotron X-Ray Scanning Tunneling Microscopy
- South By Southwest, Inc. (Texas music festival)
- Science Cross-Talk
- Sensient Technologies Corp (stock symbol)
- Sensitivity Test (used to distinguish Group A and B beta-hemolytic streptococci)
- Soft X-Ray Telescope
- Solar X-Ray Telescope (Launched in 1991 as a part of the Japanese Yokoh satellite)
- Sony Xperia Tablet
- Supreme Expansion Technology (ammunition)
- Satellite X-Ray Test Facility
- Saint Xavier University (Chicago, Illinois)
- Satellite Communication Transit Exchange Unit
- Shanxi University of Finance and Economics (Shanxi, China)
- Saskatoon Xtreme Underground Wrestling (Canada)
- Super Extended Video Graphics Array (video display)
- Sun Xml Writer (OpenOffice.org text document)
- Sony Xperia Xa (smartphone)
- Sony Xperia X Performance (smartphone)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A total of 107 isolates (35%) demonstrated intermediate or high resistance to penicillin; 73 isolates (24%) were multiresistant to penicillin and two of the following: erythromycin, sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim, and ceftriaxone.
Terminal hepatic failure following a small dose of sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim.
Antimicrobial drugs used in this study were ampicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline, kanamycin, nalidixic acid, gentamycin, sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim, trimethoprim, chloramphenicol, cefotaxim, and ciprofloxacin.
In West Africa, prophylaxis with sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim (SXT) reduced illnesses.