Higher education institutions have had to deal with a variety of health crisis concerns over the years, including meningitis, Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), and West Nile Virus.
What does SARS stand for?
SARS stands for Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome (less common)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SARS
We have 78 other meanings of SARS in our Acronym Attic
- Segmentation And Reassembly Sublayer
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (caused by member of Corona virus family)
- Sexual Assault Resource Service
- Shipboard/Strategic Automatic Recorder System
- Simpson-Angus Rating Scale
- Society of Academic and Research Surgery (UK)
- South African Revenue Service
- Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad
- Students Against Rude Standards
- Substance Abuse and Recovery Services (rehabilitation; various locations)
- Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (Suffolk, UK)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting System
- Sveze Amputirana Ruka Satriania (Serbian: Freshly Amputated Hand of Satriani; Serbian rock band)
- Syndrome Respiratoire Aigu Sévère (French: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Corona Virus (illness)
- Segmentation And Reassembly Sublayer - Service Data Unit
- Small Arms Range Safety Area
- Save Auburn Ravine Salmon and Steelhead Inc. (Auburn, CA)
- Search And Rescue Satellite Aided Tracking
- Search and Rescue Saskatchewan Association of Volunteers (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
About 75% of new infectious diseases originate from animals, including high-profile viruses like sudden acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), bird flu, monkey pox, and West Nile.
The fight against Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) has provided a boost to the Chinese nonwovens industry, according the organizers of ANEX, the Shanghai-based nonwovens exposition, which was postponed earlier this year due to concerns over the disease.
Discussions on its Thorn Tree website have also been dominated by Sars - sudden acute respiratory syndrome.
He says the latest fear about SARS, sudden acute respiratory syndrome, is a case in point.