SPLM-DC is South Sudan's main opposition party, a breakaway group from the Sudan People's Liberation Movement which has ruled the South since independence in 2011 after a 22-year civil war.
What does SPLM stand for?
SPLM stands for Sudan People's Liberation Movement
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPLM
We have 5 other meanings of SPLM in our Acronym Attic
- Self-Propelled Loader/Launcher (rocket system)
- Single Parent Love Life (website)
- Software Phase-Locked Loop (control system)
- South Pasadena Little League (South Pasadena, CA)
- South Plymouth Little League (Massachusetts)
- South Portage Little League (Portage, MI)
- Special Purpose Low Lethality Anti-Terrorist Munition
- Specialty Publications LLC
- Scalable Polynomial Leakage Model (semiconductors)
- Shielded Planar Layered Media
- Supported Planar Lipid Bilayer Membrane (biochemistry)
- Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army
- Soil-Pore Liquid Monitoring Device
- Small Public Library Management Institute
- South Plains
- Service Parts Logistics Operations (AM General, LLC)
- State Preparedness Liaison Officer
- Service Provider Line of Business
- Spam blog (web blogs created solely to spam)
Samples in periodicals archive:
August 5, 2012 (JUBA) - Head of the parliamentary group representing the country's governing Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM), Atem Garang de Kuek, reiterated claims that Khartoum provides military support to militia groups and political dissidents working to create instability in the country.
December 24, 2011 (JUBA)- Pagan Amum Okiech , the Secretary General of the South Sudan's ruling Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM), had pledged the desire and commitment of his party to re-organise and restructure itself into a more responsible and capable political entity.
August 27, 2011 (JUBA) - South Sudan's largest opposition party, the Sudan People's Liberation Movement for Democratic Change (SPLM-DC), denied on Saturday allegations that it participated in a rebel attack in Upper Nile State.