The United Nations Security Council had established United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS) in March 2005 to support the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement, signed by the Sudanese government and the former rebels of the Sudan People's Liberation movement/Army in January in Nairobi.
What does SPLM/A stand for?
SPLM/A stands for Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Software Phase-Locked Loop (control system)
- South Pasadena Little League (South Pasadena, CA)
- South Plymouth Little League (Massachusetts)
- South Portage Little League (Portage, MI)
- Special Purpose Low Lethality Anti-Terrorist Munition
- Specialty Publications LLC
- Scalable Polynomial Leakage Model (semiconductors)
- Shielded Planar Layered Media
- Sudan People's Liberation Movement
- Supported Planar Lipid Bilayer Membrane (biochemistry)
- Soil-Pore Liquid Monitoring Device
- Small Public Library Management Institute
- South Plains
- Service Parts Logistics Operations (AM General, LLC)
- State Preparedness Liaison Officer
- Service Provider Line of Business
- Spam blog (web blogs created solely to spam)
- Super Preposterously Large Orbiting Condiment Kannon (Kids Next Door show)
- SMC Pentax Lenses and Other Stuff Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
Signed in January 2005 between the government of Sudan and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army, the peace agreement halted one of Africa's longest and bloodiest conflicts, which pitted the mainly Christian and animist south against the Muslim north.
October 7, 2012 (JUBA) -- The eldest son of the late founder of the Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SPLM/A), Mabior Garang de Mabior, has denied rumours that he had defected from the SPLM and joined the rebel leader, David Yauyau, who is based in his home state of Jonglei and battling the government's forces.
FILE PHOTO - South Kordofan governor Ahmed Haroun There has been zero progress in the implementation of the Tripartite Humanitarian agreement signed on 4 August by the Sudanese government and the rebel Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army North (SPLM/A-N) with the UN, AU and AL to assess and deliver humanitarian aid to the affected civilian population in the two regions bordering South Sudan.
May 27, 2012 (JUBA) - The leader of the former rebel group, the South Sudan People's Liberation Movement/Army (SSPLM/A), Tong Lual Ayat, said on Sunday that arrangements to integrate over 4,000 of his troops will be completed within days.