The Wolaitta church had only forty-eight members when in 1937 its founders--a group of Sudan Interior Mission (SIM) personnel who had worked in the country for ten years--were forced out of the country because of the Italian occupation of Ethiopia.
What does SIM stand for?
SIM stands for Sudan Interior Mission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIM
We have 353 other meanings of SIM in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Information Management
- Strategic Inventory Management (shipping)
- Stress-in-Motion (road safety technology)
- Stress-Induced Martensite
- Structured Illumination Microscopy
- Subject is Message (email slang)
- Submarine Intended Movement
- Subscriber Identification Module (PCS)
- Subscriber Identity Module (ETSI GSM technical specification)
- Subscription Identity Module
- Sulfur Reduction, Indole Production, Motility
- Sunday Inquirer Magazine
- Supplier Improvement Metrics
- Supplier Information Management
- Surat Izin Mengemudi (Indonesian driving license)
- Switch Input Matrix
- Symantec Incident Manager
- Synchronization Interface Module (Telabs)
- Syrasoft Internet Manager (Syrasoft LLC)
- System Identity Manager (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Trans World Radio, Far East Broadcasting Company, Sudan Interior Mission International, LeSEA Broadcasting, World Wide Christian Radio, World Christian Broadcasting Company, High Adventure Ministries, Family Stations, and others have similar operations in various parts of the globe.
Barbara Cooper's volume is important in at least two ways: it is the first to treat the Sudan Interior Mission (SIM) work in Niger, and it is the first to study the impact of the mission on the indigenous church.