In addition, by treating JNK with a peptide inhibitor derived from a mitochondrial membrane protein, the team was able to induce a two-fold level of protection of neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta, the brain region devastated by Parkinson's disease.
What does SNPC stand for?
SNPC stands for Substantia Nigra Pars Compacta
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SNPC
We have 24 other meanings of SNPC in our Acronym Attic
- Tin-Lead (Solder)
- Syndicat National des Pharmaciens et des Biologistes Assistants des Hôpitaux (Paris, France)
- Satin Nickel/Polished Chrome
- Scottish National Photography Centre (UK)
- Scripted Non-Playable Character (video games)
- Secretariado Nacional da Pastoral da Cultura (Portugese)
- Service National des Permis de Conduire (French: National Service Driving License)
- Serviço Nacional De Protecção Civil (Portugal)
- Shanghai Nanotechnology Promotion Center (China)
- Southern Nevada Paddling Club
- Tin Phthalocyanine
- Severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing (biennial international conference)
- Substantia Nigra Pars Dorsalis
- Suspension for Nonpayment of Dues
- Syndicat National des Personnels de Direction de l'Education Nationale (French: National Union of Management Staff of National Education; est. 1992)
- Senior Nurse Patient Experience
- Single Nucleotide Primer Extension (gene technology)
- Société Nationale de Poudres et d'Explosifs (French defense company)
- Southern Nevada Parrot Education, Rescue & Rehoming Society (pet rescue; Las Vegas, NV)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Parkinson's disease (PD) is a neurodegenerative movement disorder characterized by the degeneration and progressive loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta.
In ventral midbrain, particularly in substantia nigra pathological features show that DA neurons progressively degenerate, DA cannot synthesize in substantia nigra pars compacta.
]) in substantia nigra pars compacta (SNpc) and the ventral tegmental area (VTA) using the optical fractionator method as described below.