If a public health approach to substance abuse and mental health conditions were used, fewer people would be incarcerated and more people would be able to be productive members of their communities.
What does SAMH stand for?
SAMH stands for Substance Abuse and Mental Health
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAMH
We have 2 other meanings of SAMH in our Acronym Attic
- Sonic Art Meeting Group (Digital Music Research Network)
- South Adelaide Motorbike Group (South Adelaide, Australia)
- South Atlantic Medical Group (California)
- Stewart Asset Management Group (UK)
- South African Mango Growers Association
- Southern African Media and Gender Institute
- Signature Authority Manager
- Scottish Association for Mental Health (UK)
- Singapore Association for Mental Health (est. 1968)
- Society of Ancient Military Historians
- Southern Aroostook Minor Hockey Association (Maine)
- St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- Streetsville Amateur Minor Hockey Association (Streetsville, Ontario, Canada)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (US Health and Human Serrvices)
- Submarine Automated Message Handling and Distribution System (underwater communication)
- South Asian Mental Health Awareness in Jersey (North Brunswick)
- Southern Arizona Mental Health Corporation (Tucson, AZ)
- St. Anthony Memorial Health Centers
- San Antonio Metro Health District (Texas)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive
Samples in periodicals archive:
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION--DIVISION OF WORKPLACE PROGRAMS: Provides information and guidance on drug testing, drug-free workplace initiatives, federal programs and substance abuse prevention.
In the first two years after the state's parity law took effect, state mental-health and addiction treatment spending dropped by 8% to 18%, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
htm Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration http://www.
Managed mental health care is a relatively new and sophisticated way to deal with substance abuse and mental health problems and costs.