Jude Children's Research Hospital focused on a small region of the hippocampus known as the dentate gyrus, a brain structure needed for memory and learning that is home to the subgranular zone where the neural stem cells destined to become granule cells are housed.
What does SGZ stand for?
SGZ stands for Subgranular Zone (brain region)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGZ
We have 3 other meanings of SGZ in our Acronym Attic
- Suomen Gynekologiyhdistys (Finnish: Finnish Gynecological Association)
- Societe Generale Yugoslav Bank (Serbia)
- Silver Gate Yacht Club (San Diego, CA)
- St. Gallischer Yachtclub (Switzerland)
- South Gate Youth Football (South Gate, CA)
- Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko (anime)
- Sanguozhi (period of the Three Kingdoms in China)
- Saure Gurken Zeit (German: Pickled Cucumbers Time; novel)
- Slovenska Gospodarska Zveza (Slovenian: Slovenian Economic Association; Klagenfurt, Austria)
- Sports Gaming Zone (online forum)
- Stichting Gereformeerde Zorgcentra Zuid Holland (Dutch: Reformed Care Foundation of South Holland; Krimpen aan den IJssel, Netherlands)
- (USN Rating) Ship's Serviceman
- Anti-Submarine Helicopter (military aircraft designation)
- Bourne Shell
- Sacrifice Hits (Baseball)
- Saddam Hussein
- Safety Harness
- Saint Helens (Oregon)
- Same Here
- Sammy Hagar
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most active neurogenesis occurs in the subventricular zone (SVZ) of the lateral ventricles and the subgranular zone (SGZ) of the hippocampus (3, 4).