Adel Al-Munifi, CEO, said: "With the average per ton price of Styrene Monomer (SM) exceeding $1460 during 2012, SM markets continue their positive growth as demand exceeds four percent annually, especially in light of escalating gross domestic product growth in emerging economies, such as China, India and others.
What does SM stand for?
SM stands for Styrene Monomer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SM
We have 174 other meanings of SM in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Missile
- Street Modified (automobiles)
- Streetlight Manifesto (band)
- Stress Migration
- Strong Mad (homestarrunner.com character)
- Structural Model
- Structure Model
- Student Manager
- Student Manual
- Study Manager
- Su Majestad (Spanish: His/Her Majesty)
- Submarine, Mine Laying (US Navy)
- Subscriber Manager (Cisco)
- Subscriber Module (communications)
- Suger Montano (Guatemala Central America, school)
- Summit Mindfulness (meditation: Beaverton, OR)
- Sun and Moon
- Suomen Mestari/Mestaruus (Finnish Champion/Championship)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On his part, TKSC CEO Adel Al-Munifi said Styrene Monomer markets currently enjoy a positive hike as annual global demand exceeds 4%, especially in light of escalating gross domestic product growth in emerging economies, such as China, India and others.
Such rosy news is due to the contribution of the sales boom of chemical fibers, with aromatic products as styrene monomer (SM) enjoying price hikes since the beginning of the second quarter.
Ineos will contribute a styrene monomer plant in Texas City, Texas, and a PS plant in Joliet, Ill.
LP (The Woodlands, Texas, USA) have signed a nonbinding memorandum of understanding to form a 50/50 joint venture combining assets from their polystyrene and styrene monomer businesses in the Americas.
Sadaf has a complex at Jubail producing a variety of petrochemicals and this was expanded with a second grassroots styrene monomer plant having a capacity of 500,000 t/y which went on stream in 2000.