In its annual "Trouble in Toyland" report, the Oregon Student Public Interest Research Group issued a veritable catalog of toys that won't make your Christmas bright.
What does SPIRG stand for?
SPIRG stands for Student Public Interest Research Group
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Special Programs in Religious Education
- Spectral and Photometric Imaging Receiver (Cardiff University; School of Physics and Astronomy; UK)
- Spider Reconstruction Engine
- String Processing and Information Retrieval (International Symposium)
- Special Intelligence Report
- Spot Intelligence Report
- Special Packaging Instructions Retrieval & Exchange System (USAF)
- Standard Personnel Information Retrieval System
- Stanford Public Information Retrieval System
- South Pole Infrared Explorer
- Sarasota Paranormal Investigation & Research Initiative Team (Florida)
- School for Postgraduate Interdisciplinary Research on Interculturalism and Transnationality (Denmark)
- Security Planning and Integrated Resources for Information Technology (DHS)
- Single Photon Ionization Resonant Ionization to Threshold (trace molecule analysis)
- Smart Passive Infrared Intruder Sensor Locator and Tracker
- Software Process Improvement Representatives Introductory Training
- Sonoma Paranormal Independent Research Investigative Team (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Southeastern Paranormal Interest Research and Investigation Team
- Southern Paranormal Investigational Research in Tucson (Arizona)
- Southwest Paranormal Information Research and Investigation Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The March 7 rally - a protest against federal logging plans - was organized by the Oregon Student Public Interest Research Group.
Several student organizations, including Building Votes and the Oregon Student Public Interest Research Group, are working with the OSA and student governments to keep those numbers up.
A new survey by the Oregon Student Public Interest Research Group of payday businesses in Lane County underscores the need for regulating this booming industry.
Activists in Student Public Interest Research Groups say the GAO report confirms their charges that publishers' practices are pushing up the price of textbooks.