The Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET), which is commonly administered at the end of each course universities, represents the most prevalent technique of teacher evaluation in today's social work schools (Steiner, Gerdes, Holley, & Campbell, 2006) as well as the most researched instrument in higher education (McKeachie & Kaplan, 1996).
What does SET stand for?
SET stands for Student Evaluation of Teaching (various schools)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SET
We have 361 other meanings of SET in our Acronym Attic
- Special Evaluation Tests
- Specialized English Training
- Squad Engagement Trainer
- St Charles, Mo - St Charles County Smartt Airport
- Standard d'Echange et de Transfer
- State Education Tax
- Step Envelope Tracking (microwave theory)
- Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Stora Enso Timber (Finland and Sweden)
- Student Education and Training Plans
- Submarine Escape Training
- Superconducting Electronically Tunable
- Surgical Education and Training (Royal Australian College of Surgeons)
- Sustainable Energy Technology (various organizations)
- Synchronous Encodings in Tandem
- System Embedded Training
- System Engineering Team
- System Engineering Testbed
- Système Etude Technique (French: Technical Study System; educational technology company)
- Secure Electronic Transactions - Devices
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the USA, student evaluation of teaching is part of the faculty member's performance evaluation (Emery, Kramer and Tian, 2003).
The Chinese researchers explore student evaluation of teaching quality, a project-driven LTO teaching model, the competitiveness of local colleges, and curriculum design based on QFD.
Key words: Student evaluation of teaching (SET), action learning, Dr Fox.
Purpose of Student Evaluation of Teaching However little confidence instructors place in student evaluations, they continue to be widely used in higher education, including social work education.