Another example of a conventional molding process is structural reaction injection molding (SRIM); in some instances, SRIM can be used in conjunction with a preform to form a reinforced part.
What does SRIM stand for?
SRIM stands for Structural Reaction Injection Molding
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SRIM
We have 14 other meanings of SRIM in our Acronym Attic
- Society of Rubber Industry, Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
- Safety Related Items List (railways)
- Skid Row Invitational League
- Soluble Receptor of IL (Interleukin)
- Sprint RPG India Limited
- Stanford Research Institute Language Modeling (toolkit)
- Simulated Radar Image
- Simulated Radar Image Modeling
- Stockroom and Readiness Inventory Management (DMLSS)
- Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter
- System Realization using Information Matrix
- Self-Righting Mechanism (helps a robot right itself)
- Self-Righting Mechanism (Robot Wars)
- Sulzbach-Rosenberg International Music Festival
- Sea Rescue Institute of Namibia
- Short-Range Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces
- Serial RapidIO (BittWare high speed serial interface technology)
- Swedish Roots in Oregon (est. 1999)
- Savannah River Implementing Procedure
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] GM also chose SMC and a structural reaction injection molding (SRIM) composite for the 2004 Hummer H2 SUT endgate assembly.
Other new automotive composite applications include: * the structural reaction injection molding (SRIM) box inner panels and tailgate inner portions and reinforced reaction injection molding (RRIM) box outer panels and fenders on the 2001 Chevrolet 1500 Series 4WD Extended Cab Silverado; * the sheet molding composite (SMC) open cargo area on the 2001 Ford Explorer Trac; * the SMC liftgate and cargo door assembly on the 2000 Ford Excursion; * the semiconductive SMC radiator support assembly on the 2000 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable; * the SMC step-assist with TPO cover on the 2000 GMC and Chevrolet Suburban and GMC Yukon.
reports that its polyurethane (PUR) high-density, structural reaction injection molding (HD-SRIM) system has been chosen by General Motors to mold the first composite cargo box for a full-size pickup truck.