The research team employed structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to determine the effects of drinking history and gender on white matter volume.
What does SMRI stand for?
SMRI stands for Structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging (neuroimaging)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMRI
We have 14 other meanings of SMRI in our Acronym Attic
- Smooth Muscle Research Group (Calgary, Canada)
- Social Media Research Group (Dublin, Ireland)
- Spinal Manipulation Research Group (University of Sydney; Australia)
- Sports Management Research Group (Keio University, Japan)
- South Metropolitan Regional Higher Education Consortium (Chicago, IL)
- Shifting Requests for Multisize Pages to Residence Interval (algorithm)
- Society of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Sport Management Research Institute (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Stanley Medical Research Institute (Chevy Chase, MD)
- Stockpile Management Restructuring Initiative (Department of Energy)
- Sustainable Management Rating Institute (Japan)
- Swedish Meat Research Institute
- St Mary River Irrigation District
- Slope Maintenance Responsibility Information System (Hong Kong)
- Schistosoma Mansoni Receptor Kinase-1
- Seaconsult Marine Research Ltd. (Canada)
- Semantic Markup Rule Language
- Social Media Research Lab (Michigan State University; East Lansing, MI)
- Spock Mountain Research Labs
- Stanford Magnetic Resonance Laboratory (Stanford University; California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reporting in the March 17 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience, UCLA professor of neurology Elizabeth Sowell and her colleagues used structural magnetic resonance imaging (sMRI) to show for the first time that individuals whose mothers abused methamphetamine during pregnancy, with or without alcohol abuse, had structural abnormalities in the brain that were more severe than those seen in children whose mothers abused alcohol alone.