The 27 papers cover smart materials, sensors, actuators, and micro-electro-mechanical systems; integration technologies; smart structures and integrated systems; and structural health monitoring and control.
What does SHM stand for?
SHM stands for Structural Health Monitoring
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHM
We have 109 other meanings of SHM in our Acronym Attic
- Sociale Huisvestingsmaatschappij (Dutch: Social Housing Company; Belgium)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Solar Helium Magnetometer
- Somatic Hypermutation (immune system)
- Space Hydrogen Maser (Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space)
- Spooky Hockey Mask
- Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraine
- Statens Historiska Museum (Swedish: State Historical Museum)
- Sterling Hall of Medicine (Yale University; New Haven, CT)
- Stock Horse Mare (Breyer mold)
- Sub-Harmonic Mixer
- Subretinal Hyperreflective Material (eye health)
- Swedish House Mafia (music group)
- System Hardware Monitor
- Super High Material Compact Disc (audio format)
- Safety Harbor Montessori Academy
- Segmented Housing Market Analysis
- Seismic Hazards Mapping Act (California)
- Southern Homeopathic Medical Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ettouney, a recognized authority on structural health monitoring, will represent the organization's U.
Structural health monitoring systems offer the possibility to diagnose and predict structural failures through embedded sensing, actuation and data management.
Dennis Roach, who is leading a Sandia team that is evaluating such systems, believes that structural health monitoring could ultimately save about 25 percent of a commercial fleet's operating expenses.
Jul 20, 2006 Airbus Airbus and Japan's R&D Institute of Metal and Composites for Future Industries agreed to conduct a cooperative study for development of Structural Health Monitoring technology.
Ettouney is also heavily involved in the structural health monitoring field.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Urbana, IL) and Drexel University Philadelphia, PA) will serve as consultants on damage analysis calculations and structural health monitoring, respectively.