; and Commander, Strike Fighter Squadron 146, San Francisco.
What does VFA stand for?
VFA stands for Strike Fighter Squadron (US Navy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VFA
We have 79 other meanings of VFA in our Acronym Attic
- Virtua Fighter 2 (video game)
- Virtua Fighter 3
- Virtua Fighter 3: Team Battle (video game)
- Virtua Fighter 4 (video game)
- Virtua Fighter 5 (video game)
- Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (gaming)
- Virtua Fighter 5 Online (gaming)
- Virtua Fighter 5 R (gaming)
- Fighter Attack Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1980 to 1983)
- Fixed-Wing Fighter Attack
- Valeur Foncière de Référence en Acquisition-Amélioration (French: Property Reference Value in Acquisition-Improvement; zoning; France)
- Verband Forschender Arzneimittelhersteller eV (German Association of Research-based Pharmaceutical Companies)
- Vereinigung Freischaffender Architekten Deutschlands (German: Association of Freelance Architects, Germany)
- Vermont Farms! Association (Rutland, VT)
- Vermont Fire Academy
- Vertebral Fracture Assessment (type of bone density scan)
- Veterans for America
- Veterinary and Food Administration (Denmark)
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (Airport Code)
- Victorian Football Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
I was attached to Strike Fighter Squadron 113's Line Division on board USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) during a Western Pacific deployment.
GROUP/SQUADRON NAME: Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 2 Bounty Hunters DATE FOUNDED: 1 July 1922 BASED OUT OF: NAS Lemoore CURRENT COMMANDING OFFICER: Cmdr.
Navy sources said the VFA-27, or Strike Fighter Squadron, based in Atsugi is undergoing training in the United States to operate the single-seat Super Hornets.
Selected for command, Captain Rubel underwent six months of F/A-18 training at NAS Cecil Field and reported as Executive Officer, Strike Fighter Squadron 131.
CS2 Brown served with Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 137, embarked aboard USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72).