Phase Transformation and properties NiTi can have three different forms; martensite or the low-temperature phase, stress-induced martensite or superelastic and austenite or the high temperature phase.
What does SIM stand for?
SIM stands for Stress-Induced Martensite
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIM
We have 354 other meanings of SIM in our Acronym Attic
- Spectral Information Measure
- Spectral Irradiance Model
- Sprint Instant Message
- Stack Interface Module
- Staff for Installation Management (US Army)
- Stichting Inzichts Meditatie
- Store Inventory Management
- Strategic Information Management
- Strategic Inventory Management (shipping)
- Stress-in-Motion (road safety technology)
- Structured Illumination Microscopy
- Subject is Message (email slang)
- Submarine Intended Movement
- Subscriber Identification Module (PCS)
- Subscriber Identity Module (ETSI GSM technical specification)
- Subscription Identity Module
- Sudan Interior Mission
- Sulfur Reduction, Indole Production, Motility
- Sunday Inquirer Magazine
- Supplier Improvement Metrics
Samples in periodicals archive:
The thermomechanical heat treatment is adapted to the CuAlBe alloy: the main effect of the thermomechanical treatment is that the stabilized stress-induced martensite is suppressed.
A]), * elasticity modulus for the stress-induced martensite phase ([D.