Streptozotocin (STZ), dexamethasone (DEX), 3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine (IBMX), insulin (INS), and oil red 0 were purchased from Sigma Chemical (Sigma Chemical Co.
What does STZ stand for?
STZ stands for Streptozotocin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STZ
We have 8 other meanings of STZ in our Acronym Attic
- Stronger Than Your Last Excuse (brand)
- Speak to You Soon
- South Tangi Youth Soccer Association (Hammond, LA)
- South Texas Youth Soccer Association
- Salt Tolerance Zinc Finger (genetics)
- Selling to Zebras, Inc. (Hartland, WI)
- Serum-Treated Zymosan
- South Tropical Zone (astronomy)
- Spin Transition Zone (Earth's lower mantle)
- Aeroflot (airline code)
- Belarus (ISO Country Identifier)
- Canceled-To-Order (special philatelic cancel; hobby usage)
- Sabanci University (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Safe, Undetected Failure
- Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset (Gothenburg, Sweden hospital)
- Salisbury University
- Samakhodnaya Ustanovka (Soviet self-propelled gun)
- Samford University (Birmingham, AL, USA)
- Schreiner University (Kerrville, Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Concurrently, in a series of animal models, normal, streptozotocin (STZ) diabetic and sand rats were used in the inverted sac model to determine the mechanism through which OLE affected starch digestion and absorption.
We injected 50mg/kg body weight (BW) streptozotocin (STZ) intraperitoneally (i.
Prevention of multiple low-dose streptozotocin (MLD-STZ) diabetes in mice by an extract from gum resin of Boswellia serrata (BE).
Pre-administration of spores of the mushroom led to alleviation of oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in rat hippocampus injected intracerebroventricularly with streptozotocin, protected neurons from apoptosis, and improved cognitive dysfunction in Sprague-Dawley rats, suggesting that the mushroom may prove useful in prevention of Alzheimer's disease (Zhou et al.
The results of this study indicated that YQZMT has beneficial effect in insulin resistance, glycaemic control, dyslipidemia, free fatty acids and adipocytokines, and does not cause any increase in body weight in high-fat diet and low-dose streptozotocin induced type 2 diabetic rats.
Thus, we aimed to investigate the effect of regular aerobic exercise on renal functions as measured with microalbuminuria and creatinine clearance (CCr) in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats in this study.
Induction of diabetes in rats: Rats (n=40) were fed a high fat diet for 2 months and diabetes was induced by a single intraperitoneal injection of freshly prepared streptozotocin (STZ, 30 or 50 mg/kg bw) (Sigma, St.