The Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement has become the latest battle-ground for the telecommunications industry seeking to reduce its costs as the industry is maneuvering to shape the rules that may decide how the industry is taxed.
What does SSUTA stand for?
SSUTA stands for Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSUTA
- Shipboard Surveillance Radar System
- Soil Survey Geographic Database
- Stop Sale, Use, and Removal Order
- Spinning Solid Upper Stage (NASA)
- Scholarship Sports USA
- Schubert Society of the USA (New York, NY; composer appreciation and study)
- Single Stop USA (New York and California)
- Special Sensor Ultraviolet Spectrographic Imager
- System Synchronization Unit Traceability (Nortel)
- Sales and Use Tax Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
OUTLINE OF THE STREAMLINED SALES AND USE TAX AGREEMENT The interstate agreement that has been sent to legislatures for consideration is a comprehensive and detailed approach for achieving uniformity and simplification in state sales taxes.
To accomplish this goal, the drafters of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSUTA) required uniformity in state and local sales and use tax rules and administration.
In late 2000, state representatives to the Project voted to approve a Uniform Sales and Use Tax Administration Act and Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement, which state legislatures began considering in January 2001.