Other States At a recent Streamlined Sales Tax Project (SSTP) meeting, many other states indicated that they are in the process of developing positions on their sales tax treatment of this type of transaction.
What does SSTP stand for?
SSTP stands for Streamlined Sales Tax Project (multi-state project to collect sales taxes on Internet purchases)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SSTP
We have 22 other meanings of SSTP in our Acronym Attic
- Single-Stage-to-Orbit (space flight)
- Super-Synchronous Transfer Orbit
- Super Short Take-Off and Landing
- Scenario Structural Torpedo Operational Requirements Model
- Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (Microsoft)
- Shared Spanning-Tree Protocol (Cisco)
- Short Sweet and to the Point
- Simple Symmetric Transmission Protocol (peer-to-peer communications protocol; Groove Networks, Inc.)
- Space Systems Technical Panel (IEEE)
- State Simplification Tax Project (proposed sales tax program)
- Student Science Training Program
- Supervisory Skill Training Program
- Surgical/Shock Trauma Platoon (US Marines)
- System Supporting Test Plan
- Smart Source Trading Private Limited (Singapore)
- Senior Staff Technical Representative
- Silicon Sam's Technology Resource (website)
- Single Slope Traffic Rail (roadways; Texas Department of Transportation)
- Small Business Technology Transfer Program
- Solid State Track Recorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many of these states are members of the Streamlined Sales Tax Project, a multistate effort to develop uniform standards for taxation.
Many also believe this tax is in violation of the streamlined sales tax project, which specifically states the sales tax cannot include multiple rates of tax.
The GFOA will be continuing to monitor the streamlined sales tax project and federal legislative efforts to reintroduce legislation that allows for mandatory collection of all sales tax.
More than 40 states are participating in the Streamlined Sales Tax Project (www.
The Streamlined Sales Tax Project is a multi-state effort to modernize and simplify the sales and use tax provisions of member states through such measures as rate simplification and the uniform definition within tax laws, while allowing for the collection of sales taxes on remote sales.
This fall has seen outgoing California Governor Gray Davis sign a bill joining California into the compact of states building the Streamlined Sales Tax Project (SSTP).