In the 1970s and 1980s, he was best known for his role in the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT I) and Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) negotiations.
What does SALT stand for?
SALT stands for Strategic Arms Limitation Talks
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SALT
We have 118 other meanings of SALT in our Acronym Attic
- Special Altimeter
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Speech Application Language Tags
- Spinsat Altimeter
- Stand A Little Taller
- Standards-Based Access to Multilingual Lexicons and Terminologies
- State And Local Tax
- Steered Agile Laser Transceivers
- Strategic Administrative Leadership Team
- Strategic Alternative Learning Techniques (University of Arizona)
- Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty
- Students Active in Leadership Training
- Students Actively Leading Today (education)
- Supporting Arms Liaison Team
- Supporting Army Liaison Team
- Systematic Analysis of Language Transcripts (software)
- Systems Arabic Localization Technology (Cairo, Egypt)
- Supporting Arms Liaison Team S3 (Air Operations)
- South Asian Language Teachers Association (New York, NY)
- Swiss Association of Language Travel Agents (Zurich, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Along with the successful diplomacy involved in the opening of China and the conclusion of Strategic Arms Limitation Talks I with Moscow, airpower was among the deciding factors in bringing an end to the war and limiting our humiliation there.
2 In the USA, in the late 1960s and 1970s, to what were the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks abbreviated to?
Newmann offers a fresh, carefully researched examination of national security decision making in the Carter administration's March 1977 Strategic Arms Limitation Talks II proposal, the Reagan administration's initial strategic arms reduction proposal of May 1982, and President Bush's speech of September 1991 that led to the Strategic Arms Reduction Talks.
1969: November: United States and Soviet Union begin regular strategic arms limitation talks (SALT).