com)-- Many may recognize the strapping young lad from his award-winning performances at Vancouver theatre productions, but it is safe to say that he draws a national following from his role as the helium-inhaling, free-meal-providing, trainee at the A&W Restaurant commercials.
What does SYL stand for?
SYL stands for Strapping Young Lad (band)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SYL
We have 10 other meanings of SYL in our Acronym Attic
- Scottish Youth Lobby
- SearchYourLove (online dating service)
- Security Yard Light
- See You Later
- Single Yellow Line (UK roadways)
- Smell Ya Later (Simpsons)
- Somali Youth League (1940s & 50s freedom movement)
- South Yosemite League (Bakersfield, CA)
- Southern Youth League (UK)
- Speak Your Language (LDS Missions)
- Suomen Ylioppilaskuntien Liitto (National Union of University Students in Finland)
- Super Yacht Logistics (various locations)
- Sutlej Yamuna Link (Indian canal)
- Scottish Young Lawyers Association (UK)
- See You Later Alligator
- Slovenianan Young Lawyers Association
- Summer Youth Leadership Academy (Californians for Justice)
- Support Your Local Artists
- Street Youth Legal Advocates of Washington
- Support Your Local Bandidos
Samples in periodicals archive:
She said: "Nicky is a strapping young lad, they said he is very fit and couldn't be in a better position to have the strength to fight back.
When I was a strapping young lad of 14 or so, one f my favorite TV shows was The Six Million Dollar Man.
The 12 strapping young lads peeled down to their pants to pose for pictures shot by ex-student Jason Warner.
Despite something of a revolving door policy regarding the line-up - which over the years has included members of metal heavyweights including Slayer, and Strapping Young Lad - they released their first in nine years, The Formation of Damnation, last year.
Opting to go on a strict diet, he was soon a strapping young lad.
It seems ridiculous that they expect us to carry it out to the roadside instead of sending a couple of strapping young lads to do it.
We played Century Media's Christmas party in 2004 with Death Angel and Strapping Young Lad in LA.