A teenage girl starts to realise she is a lesbian, and that she has fallen in love with her straight best friend 1997 *** The Anderson Tapes (RTE One, 1.
What does SBF stand for?
SBF stands for Straight Best Friend (chat slang)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SBF
We have 159 other meanings of SBF in our Acronym Attic
- Société Botanique de France (French: Botanical Society of France)
- Société des Bourses Francaises
- Souls of Black Folk (William E. B. Du Bois treatise)
- South Bay Foundry (California)
- South Bend Forum (South Bend, IN)
- Special Beekeepers Fund (Ontario, Canada)
- Sport Bike Freaks
- Sri Bodhiraja Foundation (Sri Lanka)
- Stammtisch Beau Fleuve (website)
- Stefan Batory Foundation (Poland)
- Strategic Bond Fund (finance)
- Street Bike Freaks
- Street Bike Fury (game)
- Strong Beach Fit (Long Beach, CA)
- Structure-Behavior-Function (modeling language)
- Student Business Forum
- Studium Biblicum Franciscanum (Franciscan School of Biblical Investigations; Jerusalem, Israel)
- Stupid But Funny
- Submissive Bisexual Female
- Suntory Beverage & Food (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Poor Luke Snyder, 16 and gay, struggling with the closet and a drinking problem, has a crush on his straight best friend.
Collin plays Martin, an easygoing gay French teen with a soft crush on his straight best friend and a mind for mischief--the latter a quality he shares with Collin.
I basically lived Helen's part," says Herman-Wurmfeld, who weathered a college romance with his straight best friend.
What if Ryan's hunky straight best friend would fool around with him to cheer his buddy up?
Then I fell in love---of course with my straight best friend.
The threat arrives in the person of Brendan (Christian Maelen), Bob's school-days' roommate and ostensibly straight best friend for whom he had a burning but unrequited crush, That the object of his affection is, of course, deeply in the closet we can glean from an early dorm-room scene in which the boys wrestle merrily at a holiday party and Brendan pins Bob to the floor, staring meaningfully into his eyes as David Cassidy wails "I think I love you / So what am I so afraid of?
Her straight best friend is grossed out; her male cousin offers tips on how to get chicks; a third pal is so determined to be tolerant, she's intolerable.