These may include elevated runway taxiway and stopway lights, approach lighting systems, visual approach slope indicator systems, signs and markers, wind direction indicators, ILS equipment, MLS equipment, radar reflectors, anemometers, ceilometers, transmissometers and security fencing.
What does STWY stand for?
STWY stands for Stopway (FAA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of STWY
- Storm Tide Warning Service (UK)
- Storm Trackers Weather Service (group weather orginization)
- Stuve-Wiedemann Syndrome
- Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project (Nepal)
- Science and Technology Working Team
- Submaximal Treadmill Walk Test (cardiorespiratory fitness)
- Santa Teresa Water Treatment Plant (San Jose, CA)
- Semiconductor Technology Workshop Working Group
- Send Teletype-Writer Exchange Message (message type used with DMNE Defense Messaging Network Element)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each runway was extended by 500 feet (150 m) and 1,700 feet (500 m) respectively, and a 2,000 feet (600 m) stopway for overshoots added to the northern ends of both runways.
The plan calls for shifting the airport runway 1,200 feet deeper into the park and for the construction of 638-foot emergency stopways on either end of the runway.