Torgny Holmgren, executive director of the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI), the organiser of World Water Week in Stockholm, said: "More than one fourth of all the water we use worldwide is taken to grow over a billion tonnes of food that nobody eats.
What does SIWI stand for?
SIWI stands for Stockholm International Water Institute
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIWI
We have 4 other meanings of SIWI in our Acronym Attic
- Shared Interworking Function
- Steve Irwin Wildlife Fund
- Science Instrument Working Group
- Simulation Interoperability Working Group
- Southern Illinois Writers Guild (Carterville, IL)
- Special Interest Working Group
- Structural Integrity Working Group
- Survivability Integration Working Group
- Synthetic Instrument Working Group (test system technology design group)
- Shut-In Well-Head-Pressure
- Swedish International Water Institute
- Small Island Water Information Network (Commonwealth Science Council and British Geological Survey)
- Semester in Washington Journalism (George Washington University; Washington, DC)
- Soroptimist International of West Maui
- Southern Idaho Wildlife Mitigation (Idaho Department of Fish and Game)
- Super Integrated Wozniak Machine
- Sky Islands Wildlands Network (conservation groups)
- Systemics and Informatics World Network (UK)
- Someone Is Wrong on the Internet (PZ Myers)
- Site Investigation Work Plan (environmental contamination)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report comes as the "World Water Week," organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) kicked off on Monday.
The Stockholm International Water Institute calculated in 2008 that 1.