Modular variations of the human major histocompatibility complex class III genes for serine/threonine kinase RP, complement component C4, steroid 21-hydroxylase CYP21, and tenascin TNX (the RCCX module).
What does P450C21 stand for?
P450C21 stands for Steroid 21-Hydroxylase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of P450C21 in our Acronym Attic
- Product, Price, Promotion and Place (marketing analysis tool)
- Progesterone (hormone)
- Power at 4.0 Millimolar Lactate (testosterone research)
- Propranolol 40 Milligrams
- Polypeptide of 41 Kilodaltons
- Passenger 4,200 (horsepower) (General Electic Genesis series locomotives)
- Protocol 42, LLC
- Pigments Absorbing at 425 nm
- Postnatal to 44
- Proteins of 45 Kilodaltons
- Protein of 46 Kilodaltons
- Persona 4 Arena (game)
- Persona 4 the Animation (game)
- PHP For Applications
- Programmable Powdered Preform Process for Aerospace
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (video game)
- Page Four Color
- Philosophy for Children (educational movement)
- Press for Conversion (publication; Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade)
- Parcels 4 Delivery (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Predicting phenotype in steroid 21-hydroxylase deficiency?
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is a common autosomal recessive disorder caused mainly by defects in the steroid 21-hydroxylase gene (CYP21).
Molecular analysis of patient and carrier genes with congenital steroid 21-hydroxylase deficiency by using polymerase chain reaction and single strand conformation polymorphism.
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH)  is an inherited disorder mainly resulting from a defect in the steroid 21-hydroxylase (CYP21) gene and is one of the most common inborn errors of metabolism in humans.
Structure of the human steroid 21-hydroxylase genes.
Ninety-five percent of all cases of CAH are caused by a defect in the function of steroid 21-hydroxylase (5), producing adrenal insufficiency by impaired synthesis of cortisol and aldosterone.
The gene encoding the adrenal enzyme, steroid 21-hydroxylase (EC 1.