uk Auto Business News - 19 October 2011 Chrysler Group LLC, a United States-based automaker, is investing USD165m in the expansion of its Sterling Heights Assembly plant.
What does SHAP stand for?
SHAP stands for Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (DaimlerChrysler)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SHAP
We have 15 other meanings of SHAP in our Acronym Attic
- Société d'Histoire et d'Archéologie du Canton de Neuchâtel (French)
- Student Health Action Network (est. 1992; India)
- Sighthound Association of New England
- Supportive Housing Association of New Jersey (disability program; Cranford, NJ)
- Stress History and Normalized Soil Engineering Parameters (experimental procedure for mechanical soil testing developed at MIT)
- Self Help Association of Paraplegics (South Africa)
- Serum-Derived Hyaluronan-Associated Protein (molecular science)
- Ship Acquisition Plan
- Southampton Hand Assessment Procedure
- Standard Hamster Anterior Pituitary Homogenate (endocrinology)
- Supportive Housing Assistance Program (various locations)
- Solids Handling and Processing Association (UK)
- Support Helicopter Air Portable Avionics Workshop
- Second-generation Hypermedia Application Project Environment
- Self-Help for African People through Education
- Shaping Health as Partners in Education
- Simulation of Human Activity and Pollution Exposure
- Spiritual Gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experiences
- Sport, Health, and Physical Education (UK)
- Strategic Health Asset Planning and Evaluation (Department of Health; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year, Chrysler made the decision to continue operating the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant indefinitely, maintaining good manufacturing jobs in Michigan and securing the future for more than 1,200 employees," said General Holiefield, Vice President, UAW/Chrysler Department.
The program's customized Dodge van also visited a family day event at the Chrysler Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, where PPG has on-site coatings operations and employees.
Minner was appointed to lead Chrysler's Sterling Heights Assembly Plant -- where he directs the production of the all-new Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger vehicles -- in April 2010.
World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Achieves Results in Sterling Heights With the announcement in July 2010 that the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) would remain open beyond 2012, plant employees began working to transform the facility for the production of the new 2011 Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger, as well as future products, through the implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM), an extensive and thorough process to restore all Chrysler Group facilities to their original and maximum functionality.
The curriculum expands upon similar programs conducted at Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Sterling Heights Assembly plant aimed at improving the health and quality of the workforce.
Scholarship recipients include: -- Jacob Kotwica - Stevenson High School -- John Kulczycki - De La Salle Collegiate High School -- Eric Wilkins - Stevenson High School -- Pacari Woodland - Henry Ford II High School -- Chelsea Gerlach - Stevenson High School (2007), currently attending University of Michigan - Ann Arbor The Sterling Heights Assembly Plant produces the Chrysler Sebring Sedan, Chrysler Sebring Convertible and the Dodge Avenger.
Affected operations include: -- Belvidere Assembly Plant - Rockford, IL -- Newark Assembly Plant - Newark, DE -- Sterling Heights Assembly Plant - Sterling Heights, MI -- Toledo North Assembly Plant - Toledo, OH -- Toledo Supplier Park - Toledo, OH CONTACT: Kevin Frazier, +1-248-512-3469 (office), +1-248-808-1484 (cell), kef17@chrysler.