When I was in high school, I visited one of these feeding grounds, the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary just north of Provincetown.
What does SBNMS stand for?
SBNMS stands for Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Small Business Networking Group (Intel)
- Society for the Bibliography of Natural History
- South Boston Neighborhood House (Boston, MA)
- Solitary Benign Nonparasitic Hepatic Cyst
- Santa Barbara Natural History Museum (California)
- Southwestern Bell Network Integration
- Santa Barbara Navy League (Santa Barbara, California)
- School of Business and Nonprofit Management (North Park University; Chicago, IL)
- State Bar of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM, USA)
- State-Based Network Management (data networks)
- Straight But Not Narrow (heterosexual members of LGBT groups)
- Senior British Naval Officer (UK)
- Standing But Not Operating
- Sustainable Business Network of Washington (District of Columbia)
- Senior British Naval Officer, Western Atlantic (US Navy)
- Serum Brain Natriuretic Peptide (hemorrhage)
- Sungei Buloh Nature Park (Singapore)
- Sustainable Business Network of Portland (Portland, OR)
- Synthetic Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide
- Space-Based Nuclear Particle Beam
Samples in periodicals archive:
Studying humpbacks with methods adapted from bird research has uncovered the first known instances of what look like whales responding musically to each other's songs, says Danielle Cholewiak, a researcher for the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary based in Scituate, Mass.
New England's own Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary is open to fishing, and its authorizing legislation specifically prohibits only one activity -- sand and gravel mining.
Scientists have identified similar declines in Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary (Auster in press).
The northern right whale is one of the world's most endangered mammals, so tourists hoping to see it, or endangered humpback whales, head to the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary, 25 miles east of Boston.