If one considers a set of n objects--let's call them points--a Steiner Triple System of order n is a set of triples of points--let's call them lines--which has the property that every pair of points occurs in exactly one line.
What does STS stand for?
STS stands for Steiner Triple System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of STS
We have 711 other meanings of STS in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Threshold Shift (temporary hearing loss)
- Stanislavsky Theater Studio
- Star Separator
- State to State Transfer
- State Training School (various locations)
- State Training Services ( Australia)
- Static Transfer Switch
- Station-To-Station Protocol
- Statistics & Traffic Measurement Subsystem (GSM networks)
- Steam Translation Server
Samples in periodicals archive:
focus on several basic designs: Steiner triple systems, latin squares, and finite projective and affine plane.
He proceeds to difference sets and difference methods, the "main existence" theorem, Latin squares andorthognality, one-factorization and applications, Steiner triple systems, Kirkman triple systems, Hadamard matrices, room squares and advanced applications.