My fascination with the diversities of strategies for tackling similar problems found an outlet when the UK joined the European Community and I was among the first intakes of UK staff at the Statistical Office of the European Communities (EUROSTAT) in Luxembourg.
What does EUROSTAT stand for?
EUROSTAT stands for Statistical Office of the European Communities
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- European Respiratory Society Study on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Distributed Electronic Shopping and Integrated Retail Logistics for Europe
- European Social Investment Forum (Europe)
- Federation of European Simulation Societies
- European Open System Interconnect Network
- European Second Language Association
- European Observatory on Software Process Improvements
- EUROpean Project on Stratospheric Processes and Their Impact on Climate and the Environment
- European Conference on Smart Sensing & Context
- European Planning Committee for START
- European Solidarity Towards Equal Participation of People
- European Tunnel Assessment Programme (est. 2004)
- European Technical Network
- European Apparel and Textile Organisation
- Association of European Toxicologists and Societies of Toxicology
- European Experiment on Transport and Transformation of Environmentally Relevant Trace Constituents in the Troposphere over Europe
- Enabling Users to Reuse over Wide Areas
- End User Replaceable Parts
- Escola de Ultra-Sonografia de Ribeirão Preto (Portuguese: Ultrasound School of Ribeirão Preto; Brazil)
- European Physicist
Samples in periodicals archive:
The book was authored by members of the Luxemboug Group on Remittances, a working group composed of representatives of the International Monetary Fund, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Statistical Office of the European Communities, the World Bank, and representatives from national statistical offices and central banks from economies around the world.
According to data released on Friday by Eurostat, the Statistical Office of the European Communities, Cyprus' total value of exports reached 700 million Euro, recording a decrease of 20% compared to the same period last year.
For the United States, HICP data are an experimental series prepared by the Bureau of Labor Statistics; for Japan, data are published by the Japanese Statistics Bureau; and for the European Union countries, data are based on the monthly HICP series published by the Statistical Office of the European Communities (EUROSTAT).
Statistical Office of the European Communities (EuroStat) compiles statistical aggregates based on information provided to it by members of the European Union.
The conference was held at BEA on September 9-11, 1996, and was jointly sponsored by the International Statistical Institute (ISI), The Statistical Office of the European Communities (Eurostat), and BEA.