The department formed a Statewide Investigative Fraud Team, and Friday it said 11 unlicensed contractors had been nabbed during a sting operation in Norwalk.
What does SWIFT stand for?
SWIFT stands for Statewide Investigative Fraud Team (Contractors State License Board; California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SWIFT
We have 42 other meanings of SWIFT in our Acronym Attic
- South West Intelligent Financial Solutions (UK)
- Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences (Dallas, TX)
- Simple Web Interface Toolset
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication
- Software Interoperability Facility for Time Critical Targeting
- South Wales Integrated Fast Transit
- Southwest Airlines Integrated Flights Tracking
- Spinning Wheel Integrated Force Transducer (MTS Systems Corporation)
- State Wildland Inmate Fire Team (Colorado)
- Statewide Interlibrary loan Fast Track (Colorado)
- Stored Waveform Inverse Fourier Transform
- Stratospheric Wind Interferometer For Transport studies
- Streamlined Worldwide Information Today
- Structured What If Technique (risk analysis)
- Switchable Façade Technology (EU)
- Special Word Indexed Full Text Alpha Numeric Storage with Easy Retrieval
- South-West Florida Water Management District
- Strategic World Initiative for Technology Transfer
- Scottish Word and Image Group (est. 1994; UK)
- Semantic Web Interest Group (technology forum)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The CSLB's Statewide Investigative Fraud Team (SWIFT) ran license checks on 71 different contractors.