ATHE Government doesn't plan to take away money from anyone who has already built up a state second pension.
What does S2P stand for?
S2P stands for State Second Pension (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of S2P
- Société de Mécanique Magnétique SA
- Speed to Market (various companies)
- Security Services Markup Language
- Scaleable Shared-memory Multi-Processor
- Signal-to-Noise (electrical engineering ratio)
- Sims 2 Next Generation (video game)
- Sims 2 Nightlife (video game)
- Support to Operations (UK)
- Site-2 Protease
- Studio 2 Publishing (Knoxville, TN)
- Sunshine to Petrol (Sandia Corporation)
- Single-Stage Power Factor Correction
- Strict 2-Phase Locking
- Split-Window Two-Pass Mean Noise Spectral Estimator
- Send to Receive
- Sunflowers to Roses (Kansas, MO)
- Structured System Requirement Review
- Regimental Intelligence Officer/Operations And Training Officer
- Same to Same (diplomacy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is because the majority of people who are members of a defined benefit pension scheme (many of whom work in the public sector) are contracted out of the State Second Pension and thus benefit from paying lower NICs.
Around six million workers will face higher national insurance payments in future as the practice of "contracting out" the state second pension to employers is ended.
Contracting out of the State Second Pension (S2P) and its predecessor, the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) has been around for many years.
Over the last 20 years, most employed people could choose to be contracted out of the State Second Pension, or its predecessor known as SERPS, into a personal or stakeholder pension.
Later TUC general secretary Brendan Barber said: "This is a disappointing judgement for pensioners and scheme members whether they draw a private, public or state second pension.
The second, more radical option, involves merging the basic pension and State Second Pension into one, payable at about pounds 140 per week in today''s prices.
15 a week, and the earnings related State Second Pension (formly SERPS) with a single flat rate pension.