His killer was cleared of murder by reason of insanity and sent to Carstairs state mental hospital.
What does SMH stand for?
SMH stands for State Mental Hospital (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMH
We have 86 other meanings of SMH in our Acronym Attic
- Sound Mental Health (various organizations)
- South Melbourne Hellas (Melbourne, Australia football club)
- Southern Maryland Hospital
- Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis (labor market theory)
- Spherical Microwave Holography
- Sprague Memorial Hall (Hartford, KS)
- St Michael's Hospital
- St. Mark's High School (Delaware)
- St. Marks Hospital
- Stade Municipal Haytillon (French football team; est. 1983)
- Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley (pro wrestling personality)
- Strong Memorial Hospital
- Studio Museum in Harlem (New York, NY)
- Swope Music Hall (West Chester Univeristy; Pennsylvania)
- Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)
- Syndicat de La Médecine Homéopathique (French: Union of Homeopathic Medicine)
- System Management Homepage (Hewlett-Packard)
- Systems Materials Handling
- School Mental Health Capacity Building Partnership
- Sacramento Mutual Housing Association (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The large building at the bottom represents the Peoria State Mental Hospital, opened in 1902 and closed 70 years later.
But with state mental hospitals closing, the CMS is trying to relieve the burden that has shifted to overcrowded emergency departments, Dr.
The closure will not apply to public safety agencies and institutions such as the state mental hospital and prisons, as well as the courts.
Byline: Jerry Berrios, Staff Writer Topanga Canyon residents are mobilizing in the wake of media reports that a convicted rapist and child molester released from a state mental hospital will be moving into their close-knit community.
The defendant's lawyer Kent Reynolds told the judge his client had spent time in a state mental hospital.
Some states are constructing or considering new forensic facilities, and in some states more than half of all state mental hospital beds are occupied by forensic consumers.
It's been a long and difficult journey for Littleberry, 45 years old and the mother of six children, who worked 20 hours a week at the Atascadero State Mental Hospital while attending Hancock and earning a 3.