Earlier in the conference, Thomas Hines, administrative officer for a state medical assistance team that spent about two weeks in Haiti helping people after the January earthquake that killed an estimated 230,000 people, talked about the experiences of the 77 people who worked at a makeshift hospital in a soccer field in Port-au-Prince.
What does SMAT stand for?
SMAT stands for State Medical Assistance Team
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMAT
We have 19 other meanings of SMAT in our Acronym Attic
- Santa Maria Area Transit (Santa Maria, CA)
- Satellite and Missile Analysis Tool
- School of Missionary Aviation Training
- Science Math and Technology
- See Me About This
- Shoot Me a Text
- Single Men Alone Together
- Small Molecule Anti-genomic Therapeutics (biodefense technology)
- Société du Métro de l'Agglomération Toulousaine (French: Subway Corporation of the Toulouse Area; France)
- Software-Managed Address Translation
- Substance Misuse Action Team (UK)
- Supply Maintenance Assistance Team
- Supply Management Action Team
- Syndicat Mixte d'Aménagement Touristique (French: Mixed Union of Tourism Development)
- Signature Managed Air Traffic Control and Landing System
- Science, Mathematics and Technology Education (Western Washington University program)
- Satellite Materials Hardening Program
- Security Monitoring And Tracking System
- Spokane Metropolitan Area Transportation Study
- Stock Market Automated Trading System (Korea Stock Exchange)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pope Air Force Medical staff, Fort Bragg EMS and North Carolina State Medical Assistance Team provided medical support for everything from heat exhaustion to stabilizing patients onsite for transport to neighboring hospitals.
It is supplementing ongoing relief efforts at Caroline 1, the North Carolina State Medical Assistance Team base in Waveland, under the direction of Dr.