States are to pay pharmacies the lower of the state's estimate of the drug's acquisition cost to the pharmacy, plus a dispensing fee, or the pharmacy's usual and customary charge to the general public; for certain drugs, the FUL or the state maximum allowable cost (MAC) may apply if lower.
What does SMAC stand for?
SMAC stands for State Maximum Allowable Cost (pharmacy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMAC
We have 184 other meanings of SMAC in our Acronym Attic
- Solow, Minhas, Arrow, Chenery (production function authors)
- Somaliland Mine Action Centre (land mines; Somalia)
- Sorbitol MacConkey Agar (clinical microbiology laboratories)
- Source Media Access Control (Cisco)
- Southern Maryland Athletic Conference
- Southern Michigan Adventure Club
- Spacecraft Maximum Allowable Concentration
- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, and Challenging (objectives)
- Sport Martial Arts Championship
- State Mapping Advisory Council
- Student Movement Against Cancer (Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School)
- Students for a More Accessible Campus (University of Rhode Island; Kingston, RI)
- Sunday Morning After Church
- Supplier Management Awareness and Commitment
- Suppliers and Manufacturers in Automotive Collaboration
- Supramolecular Activation Complex
- Suspect Material Action Committee
- Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri, Alien Crossfire (PC game)
- Scottish Ministerial Advisory Committee on Alcohol Problems (National Services Scotland)
- Sequential Maximum Angle Convex Cone
Samples in periodicals archive:
Issues States Face Meanwhile, state lawmakers nationwide are discussing such steps as reduction in Medicaid pharmacy payments, cuts in dispensing fees, brand-drug limits, prescription limits, preferred drug lists (PDLs)*, state maximum allowable costs, generic substitution, prior authorization and assisted-living-related medication management, among others.