The award is bestowed by the National Conference of State Legislatures and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation on leaders whose careers embody the highest principles of leadership and who are committed to protecting and strengthening their state legislature.
What does SLLF stand for?
SLLF stands for State Legislative Leaders Foundation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLLF
- School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures (University of Manchester; Manchester, Lancashire, England, UK)
- School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures (University of Maryland)
- Sellafield Local Liaison Committee (UK)
- Sierra Leone Labor Congress
- State Legislative Leadership Conference (Future Farmers of America; Pennsylvania)
- Super Long Life Coolant (Toyota)
- South Lafourche Levee District (Louisiana)
- Salt Lake Legal Defender Association (Salt Lake CIty, UT)
- State and Local Law Enforcement
- Sound, Light and Live Event Technology (degree program; University of Derby; UK)
- Sulfo-Lithocholyl Lysyl Fluorescein
- Scottish Law Librarians Group (UK)
- Salud Latina Latino Health (Chicago)
- Salt Lake Lutheran High School (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Shift-Left-Logical-Immediate (also seen as SLLV; computer architecture)
- Sri Lanka Light Infantry (Sri Lanka Army)
- St. Lawrence Leadership Institute (New York)
- Sri Lankan Journal of Librarianship and Information Management
- Slaska Letnia Liga Koszykowki (Polish: Silesia Summer Basketball League; Poland, Germany and Czech Republic)
- Strong Law of Large Numbers (probability theory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Those were the findings of Coping with Term Limits, A Practical Guide, the first comprehensive, multistate study of the effects of term limits, conducted by the Joint Project on Term Limits, a cooperative effort among the National Conference of State Legislatures, the Council on State Governments, the State Legislative Leaders Foundation and a group of political scientists.
The award is presented annually by NCSL and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation to honor leaders whose careers embody the highest principles of leadership and have shown a commitment to protecting and strengthening the institution of the state legislature.
The award is given annually by NCSL and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation to a state legislative leader who has demonstrated leadership, integrity, compassion, vision and courage in an effort to make his or her legislature a stronger institution.
Coping With Term Limits, a joint study by NCSL, the Council of State Governments and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation, found that term limits have generally had negative effects on the institution of the legislature.
NCSL in conjunction with the Council of State Governments and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation conducted the most comprehensive survey to date on the effects of term limits on state legislatures.
The survey, conducted by a collaboration of political scientists, the National Conference of State Legislatures, the Council of State Governments and the State Legislative Leaders Foundation, found that term limits have had no impact on the type of person elected to state office, despite arguments that term limits would shake up and diversify legislative bodies.