EPA will publish a Federal Register notice of availability in the near future to approve MOVES2010 for meeting official State implementation plans and transportation conformity requirements.
What does SIPS stand for?
SIPS stands for State Implementation Plan(s)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIPS
We have 70 other meanings of SIPS in our Acronym Attic
- Short Interval Production Schedule (construction scheduling)
- Side Impact Protection System
- Side Impact Protection System (Volvo)
- Signal Processing Systems Design and Implementation (IEEE Workshop)
- Siilinjärven Palloseura (Finnish soccer team)
- Simple Internet Publishing System
- Simulation Interface & Processing System
- Small Instrument Pointing System (US NASA)
- Sony Imaging Products & Solutions, Inc.
- Spartan Improved Performance Study
- Structured Interview for Prodromal Symptoms
- Sunrise Intracoastal Plastic Surgery Center (Florida)
- Social Inclusion Partnership South East (UK)
- Simposio Iberoamericano sobre Protección de Sistemas Eléctricos de Potencia (Spanish)
- Signal Processor Simulation
- Subjective Index of Physical and Social Outcome
- School Improvement Programmes in Small States (UK)
- Science and Informatics Professional Services Sector (Canada)
- Scheduling Integrated Process Team
- Secure Information and Payment Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each state must develop a state implementation plan describing how it will attain and maintain the NAAQS.
The papers outline three options for future emissions reductions: maintain reductions offered by the existing EPA rule; adopt a Model Rule similar to OTC Model Rule and obtain an estimated 14% in additional reductions; or adopt CARB 2003 state implementation plan (SIP) measures.
Both the Regional Transportation Plan and the TIP are required to meet regional clean air "budgets" as established by the New York State Implementation Plan (SIP) for mobile sources of air quality under the Federal Clean Air Act (CAA).
As a result, the report states, counties, and cities likely will be motivated to force diesel engine operators to cut their particulate emissions to help jurisdictions comply with a state implementation plan required by the Clean Air Act.
This is a relatively new field, and we're always looking for more accurate ways to value ecosystem services," says Nowak, who is researching other opportunities for urban trees by studying whether they could be counted as a "biotechnology" in EPA's State Implementation Plans for reducing pollutant levels.