The state Human Rights Commission has also taken cognizance of the situation and has asked the state police that someone from the level of additional police commissioner should investigate the matter.
What does SHRC stand for?
SHRC stands for State Human Rights Commission (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHRC
We have 15 other meanings of SHRC in our Acronym Attic
- Short-Range Anti-Armour Weapon
- State Historical Records Advisory Board
- State Health Research Advisory Council (Perth, Western Australia, Australia)
- Statewide Human Rights Advocacy Committee (Health and Rehabilative Services)
- Sussex Heights Roving Artists Group
- Stored Human Red Blood Cells
- Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Center (Michigan)
- Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (Canada)
- Sexual Health Resource Centre (Canada)
- Software Human Resource Council
- Syrian Human Rights Committee (UK)
- Siberian Husky Rescue of Central Alabama
- Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats from Charles River Laboratories
- Shanghai Research Center for Wireless Communications (China)
- School for Human Resource Development (Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology; Nairobi, Kenya)
- Strategic Human Resource Development
- Super High Resolution Display
- SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Human Resource Development Centre
- Selangor Human Resource Development Centre (Selangor, Malaysia)
- Strategic Human Resources Development Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
The State Human Rights Commission has asked the Kolkata Police commissioner Surajit Karpurakayastha to probe the death, while the CPM demanded a judicial inquiry into the matter as Gupta died in police custody.
In 2009, Banerjee and a couple of inspectors were issued a notice by the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) asking them to explain the arrest of television actress Aarti Dave.
ISLAMABAD, August 23, 2011 (Balochistan Times): The Chairman Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Freedom League Muhammad Farooq Rehmani hailing the report of the Jammu and Kashmir State Human Rights Commission (J&KSHRC) on 2,156 unidentified collective human graves of forcibly disappeared Kashmiris in Baramulla, Bandipore, and Handwara in hilly areas and jungles, has said that the disclosures are surmising and horrible, but still the tip of the iceberg, spread over the decade of 1990s.
Islamabad, August 23, 2011 (Frontier Star): The Chairman Jammu and Kashmir People's Freedom League Muhammad Farooq Rehmani hailing the report of the Jammu and Kashmir State Human Rights Commission (J&KSHRC) on 2,156 unidentified collective human graves of forcibly disappeared Kashmiris in Baramulla, Bandipore, and Handwara in hilly areas and jungles, has said that the disclosures are surmising and horrible, but still the tip of the iceberg, spread over the decade of 1990s.
One important development is that the Comision Nacional de Derechos Humanos (CNDH) and state human rights commissions have been given the power to conduct full investigations of human rights violations.
Veteran human rights lawyer Gustavo de la Rosa, an investigator for the Chihuahua state human rights commission that covers Ciudad Juarez, analysed a pool of 5,000 drug war dead in the city.