The protests -- the worst since the country's financial meltdown in 1997 -- were triggered by high utility bills combined with corruption scandals, including one involving the government's nominee to head the state electricity regulatory commission, the agency that determines electricity rates.
What does SERC stand for?
SERC stands for State Electricity Regulatory Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SERC
We have 83 other meanings of SERC in our Acronym Attic
- Software Engineering Research Center
- Software Engineering Resource Center
- Sokoto Energy Research Center
- Solar Energy Research Center
- Somerset Environmental Records Centre (UK)
- South Eastern Regional College (UK)
- Southeastern Electric Reliability Council
- Southern Emergency Response Council
- Space Engineering Research Center (University of Arizona at Tucson)
- Special Education Resource Center
- State Emergency Response Commission
- State Environmental Resource Center (Wisconsin)
- Southeast Regional Center of the National Institute for Global Environmental Change
- Sarcoplasmic Reticulum (SR) Ca2+ ATPase (major regulator, Ca2+ homeostasis, contractility, cardiac & skeletal muscle)
- Sarcoplasmic/Endoplasmic Reticulum Calcium Atpase
- SE-R Club of America (automobile club)
- Service Canadian
- Servicio de Correspondencia Agrupada (Grouped Correspondence Service; form of Mexican Express Mail)
- Small Engine Racing Club of America (Southern California)
- Software Engineering and Research Corporation of Australia
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the proposal, a copy of which is available with MAIL TODAY , state electricity regulatory commissions must allow the state discoms to revise tariffs on the 1st of April every year " so that the impact of tariff revision is fully realised during the financial year".
According to China's State Electricity Regulatory Commission, there will be a power shortfall of more than 20 gigawatts this year.
Highlighting the State Electricity Regulatory Commissions in India mandating a minimum Renewable Purchase Obligation to the power distribution utilities and the mechanism of Renewable Energy Certificates or "Green Certificates" to facilitate investments in renewable energy, he expressed India's willingness to share its best practices and energy efficiency programmes with the member countries.