45 per week, the State Second Pension (S2P), the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) and the graduated pension scheme.
What does SERPS stand for?
SERPS stands for State Earnings Related Pension Scheme
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SERPS
We have 1 other meaning of SERPS in our Acronym Attic
- Software Engineering Rapid Prototype ENvironmenT
- Servicios Petroleros Bolivianos
- Southeast Regional Programming Languages Seminar
- Space Experiment Research and Processing Laboratory (NASA; now Space Life Sciences Lab)
- London and South East Regional Planning Conference (UK)
- Society for Education and Research in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Southeast Regional Partnership for Planning and Sustainability
- Serviço Federal de Processamento de Dados (Portuguese: Federal Service of Data Processing; Brazil)
- Servicios de Proteccion Particular (Spanish: Private Protective Services; Guatemala)
- Software Engineering Research and Practice in Sweden (conference)
- Supplementary Earnings-Related Pension Scheme (UK)
- Search via Recursive Rejection
- Slave Exhaustive Round Robin
- Sociaal-Economische Raad van de Regio (Dutch: Socio-Economic Council of Regions; Belgium)
- Standardized Early Retirement Ratio (health service workers)
- Strain Energy Release Rate (fracture mechanics)
- Support Equipment Requirements Review
- Surface-Enhanced Resonance Raman (spectroscopy)
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center (database)
- Southeast Regional Resource Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contracting out of the State Second Pension (S2P) and its predecessor, the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) has been around for many years.
In the old days this was called the graduate pension schemes, which then became the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) and now it's the S2P.
The welfare burden thesis had little explanatory power, but the lack of "middle-class capture" and universal provision provided some explanation, especially the lack of contributory rights in New Zealand, but the cuts to the earnings-related UK State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) is a contradiction.
Around eight million policies were sold to consumers who hoped that by moving from the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (Serps) and its replacement the State Second Pension (S2P) to the private sector they would be able to boost savings.
Most consumers who contracted out of the State Second Pension (S2P) and its predecessor the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (Serps) into a personal pension will receive a lower pension than if they had stayed in, according to a report.
Allerton The State Earnings Related Pension Scheme - Serps - is now called the Additional State Pension, but the principal is unchanged: you pay extra national insurance to qualify for a higher pension.
Tax-free cash is not available from any part of your Protected Rights fund, made up of benefits if you have been contracted out of the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS).