45 per week, the State Second Pension (S2P), the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) and the graduated pension scheme.
What does SERP stand for?
SERP stands for State Earnings Related Pension
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SERP
We have 67 other meanings of SERP in our Acronym Attic
- Southern Regional Oxidant Network
- Senter for Risikostyring Og Samfunnssikkerhet (Norwegian: Center for Risk Management and Civil Protection, University of Stavanger)
- Search Engine Results Page
- Services Effectiveness Research Program
- Servicewide Electronic Research Program
- Servicewide Electronic Research Project
- Sheltered Employee Retirement Plan
- Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty
- Sorption Enhanced Reforming Process
- Special Early Retirement Program
- Statewide Emergency Response Plan
- Steam/Electrical Recovery Project
- Storage Enterprise Resource Planner (NovusCG, Inc.)
- Strategic Education Research Partnership
- Strategic Environmental Restoration Program
- Super Efficient Refrigerator Program
- Supplemental Employee Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (nontax-qualified)
- Support Equipment Reclamation Program
- Sustaining Engineering Requirements Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contracting out of the State Second Pension (S2P) and its predecessor, the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) has been around for many years.
5 percent in line with a government pledge of a minimum rise regardless of the rate of inflation, it has emerged that the government will not raise the graduated pension payments or the State Earnings Related Pension (SERPs) that form part of the State Pension package for over 10 million people.
They were offered as an opt-out from the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme, SERPS (now the State Second Pension).
Around eight million policies were sold to consumers who hoped that by moving from the State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (Serps) and its replacement the State Second Pension (S2P) to the private sector they would be able to boost savings.
If you paid into the United Kingdom's Graduated Pension Scheme and State Earnings Related Pensions (SERPS), for example, these payments will be deducted from New Zealand Superannuation on reaching the age of eligibility, presently 65.
For example, at present people who have opted out of State Earnings Related Pension Scheme (Serps), must use a pension fund to buy an annuity income.
Allerton The State Earnings Related Pension Scheme - Serps - is now called the Additional State Pension, but the principal is unchanged: you pay extra national insurance to qualify for a higher pension.