The arrival of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a surprise since it came out of nowhere.
What does SW:KotOR stand for?
SW:KotOR stands for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (video game)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Sliding Window Maximum-Likelihood Probabilistic Data Association
- Sliding Window Maximum-Log-Map (Maximum A Posteriori)
- Sliding Window Pattern Recognition Hand-Off (algorithm)
- Single-Well Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage
- StarWars Special Edition
- Shared Wavelength Time Division Multiplexing
- Software/Operating System
- Star Wars: Empire At War
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Star Wars: Episode II Title)
- Star Wars Expanded Universe (fiction)
- Shadow Word: Pain (World of Warcraft spell)
- Star Wars: Episode I: the Phantom Menace
- Steelworker First Class (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 2 (video game)
- SmartWatch 2
- Steelworker Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 2: Empires (gaming)
- Chief Steelworker (Naval Rating)
- Samurai Warriors 3 (video game)
- Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 (comet)
Samples in periodicals archive:
STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC iPad [euro]8 Often heralded as the greatest Star Wars game ever made, 2003's Knight Of The Old Republic now comes to the iPad, a galaxy far, far away from its original home on PCs and the first Xbox.
The release of Baldur's Gate put BioWare on the game development map and Neverwinter Nights, the third person role-playing game set in a fantasy world, further propelled the studio's success; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic solidified BioWare's reputation as an RPG powerhouse, winning multiple GDCAs in 2004 including top honors for Best Game.
Game industry veterans who are already onboard have, in prior lives and studios, worked on such well known and award-winning titles as: Dark Age of Camelot, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Aliens Online, Warhammer Online, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; Myth III The Wolf Age, Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords and The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure.
STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC - Three and one half stars
A copy of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic signed by Bioware
From then on they produced such games as the Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights, MDK2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire(TM), the Mass Effect series, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and Dragon Age: Origins.
The 2003 Game of the Year Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on PC and Xbox, as well as expansion packs for the hit Neverwinter Nights series, greatly contributed to the company's success over that time period.