I'm not sure I am strong-willed enough to go to that cupboard, take out my stamps and put them back without developing a twitch and an urge to rush to the nearest Stanley Gibbons catalogue.
What does SG stand for?
SG stands for Stanley Gibbons Catalogue (philatelic catalog)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SG
We have 64 other meanings of SG in our Acronym Attic
- Spice Girls (band)
- Spice Girls (gaming clan)
- Sponsors Group for the Global Observing Systems
- Sports Guy (Bill Simmons column; ESPN)
- Spyro Gyra (band)
- Stabsgefreiter (German military rank)
- Stadtkapelle Germering (Germering, Germany)
- Stain Grade (building supplies)
- Standard Gauge (railroads)
- Standard Grade (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stanley Gibbons Magazine and Catalogue Editor, Hugh Jefferies, said, "As the only source of the supplement for the universally recognised Stanley Gibbons catalogues and being consistently larger than the competition, GSM has a unique selling point and gives much better value in the present economic climate.
Between 1840 and 1900, the Royal Mail issued 214 stamps, according to the philatelist's bible, the Stanley Gibbons catalogue, but they now produce more than that number every three years.