Forming part of the Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 2 - SNMCMG2 for short - HMS Blyth served as the "command platform" during exercises in the region, leading ships from the Turkish, German and Italian navies.
What does SNMCMG stand for?
SNMCMG stands for Standing NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Mine Countermeasures Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Syndicat National des Médecins Anesthésistes Réanimateurs des Hôpitaux Non Universitaires
- Shepherd Neame Master Brew Bitter
- Sandy Nitro Model Club (radio car racing club; est.2003; Hertfordshire, England, UK)
- Security National Mortgage Company (various locations)
- Simple Network Magic Corporation (software; McKinney, TX)
- Southwest Naturopathic Medical Center (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Stronger Neo-Minophagen C (medicine)
- Sunday Night Movie Club
- Southern New Mexico Common Cause (est. 2002)
- Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility (Santa Fe, NM)
- Saskatchewan New Media Developers Association Inc.
- Saturday Night Main Event (TV show)
- Strengthening New Mexico Families (New Mexico Community Foundation)
- Sutter North Medical Foundation
- Sailor Network Managers Group (est. 2001)
- Standing NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Maritime Group
- Standing NRF (NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Response Force) Maritime Group
- Standing Naval Maritime Group 1
- Servicios Nacionales de Meteorología e Hidrología (Spanish: National Service of Meteorology and Hydrology; Dominican Republic)
- Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital
Samples in periodicals archive:
While onboard he completed a Standing NATO Maritime Group (SNMG) TWO deployment to the Mediterranean and an independent deployment to the COM-FIFTHFLEET area of responsibility.
Embarked with his international staff of 24 in the Air Defense and Command Frigate HNLMS Evertsen, Commodore Bekkering will lead the Standing NATO Maritime Group 1 (SNMG 1), one of NATO's multinational, maritime immediate reaction forces, which has been employed since 2009 to support the anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden.
These task forces include Standing NATO Maritime Group (SNMG) and European Naval Force (EUNAVFOR), CTF-151 is also undertaking strenuous coordination with other coalition task forces and independent nations operating around Somalia in order to synergize its efforts to deter and suppress piracy in the area.
The warship "Ternopil" is joining the Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 (SNMG2), whose ships are moving eastwards following intensive operations in the Western and Central Mediterranean.
The NATO Task Force consists of five ships from Standing NATO Maritime Group 2.
As Commander-in-Chief Fleet, Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope has full command of all deployable Fleet units, including the Royal Marines, he is also a NATO Commander and is directly responsible for elements of the Standing NATO Response Force.
Salalah, November 1 (ONA) --- Sheikh Mohammed bin Marhoon al Ma'amari, Minister of State and Governor of Dhofar received in his office here today Commodore Steve Chick, Commander of Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 accompanied by Lt.