The improved convergence between the revised levels 2 & 3 of QiO and Standards for Better Health should prove invaluable to those many PCTs who are increasingly seeking to link the award of contracts for local enhanced services to specific, standardised and reliable clinical governance achievements made by their optical contractors.
What does SBH stand for?
SBH stands for Standards for Better Health (National Health Service; UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBH
We have 62 other meanings of SBH in our Acronym Attic
- Sinfonisches Blasorchester Hessen (Germany)
- Slotline Bowtie Hybrid (antenna)
- Small Boat Harbor (USACE)
- Small Business Hawaii (non-profit business advocacy organization)
- Sodium Borohydride (chemistry)
- South Bound Hiker (Appalachian Trail)
- Southeast Baptist Hospital (San Antonio, TX)
- Southwest Behavioral Health (Phoenix, AZ)
- Special Bureau for Hydrology (GGFC)
- St Barthelemy, Guadeloupe (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The public is welcome to attend and items to be discussed include increasing GP capacity, standards for better health and the financial performance report.
In a detailed letter to their members, the optical bodies point out that under the various guises of Standards for Better Health, the Care Quality Commission and the GOS contract, some PCTs and Health Boards have been 'erroneously trying to impose extensive clinical governance requirements (often developed for other contractor professions) and clinical governance reporting regimes on GOS contractors.
FOLLOWING the release of the statement on clinical governance, the AOP's deputy chief executive, Richard Carswell (pictured), told OT: "The profession is not arguing against good clinical governance and against the NHS's Standards for Better Health.