Navy's Standard Missile into a unique, ship-based, anti-ballistic missile interceptor.
What does STD MSL stand for?
STD MSL stands for Standard Missile
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Subscriber Trunk Dialing
- Sustainable Technology Development (Netherlands)
- Sustainable Tourism Development (various locations)
- Svensk Teknik och Design (Swedish: Swedish Engineering and Design)
- Swimmer Transportation Device
- Synthetic Training Device
- System Technology Demonstrator
- System Test Directive
- Systems Target Decoder (MPEG systems)
- Science and Technology for Development 3 (educational program)
- Standard Surface-To-Surface, Missile, Antiradiation
- Standard Change
- Security and Trust in Decentralized/Distributed Data Structures (conference)
- Saskatchewan Training and Development Association (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Scrap Tire Disposal Account (North Carolina)
- Selenium Tellurium Development Association (est. 1938)
- Self-Titled Debut Album (music)
- Sensor Tactical Decision Aid
- Sonar Tactical Decision Aid
- Steward's Assistant (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
European nations are thought to be a probable market for the Standard Missile 3 Block 2A interceptor should it be authorized for export, sources said.
The AN/AAR-47(V)2 is the standard missile and laser warning sensor system for more than 3,000 U.
is being awarded a $9,999,999 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract for Satellite Connectivity Services and Bandwidth in support of the Standard Missile 3 Theater Ballistic Missile Defense (TBMD).
The target vehicle flew a trajectory northwest of Kauai and was intercepted by the Navy's Standard Missile (SM-3) interceptor system before reentering the Earth's atmosphere.
In mid 2002, the Office of Naval Research's Best Manufacturing Practices Center of Excellence (BMPCOE) reported a survey of best practices being used in the Navy's STANDARD Missile Program Office, currently a part of the Surface Weapons Systems/Launchers division of the Program Executive Office for Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 3A).
It is gratifying to support projects such as STANDARD Missile development for the Navy, 30 millimeter gun development for the Marines, and 57 millimeter gun development for the Navy and Coast Guard.
By this time, the men and women of the Navy's STANDARD Missile Program management team had already embarked on a series of activities in keeping with these goals, with successful results.